Monday, February 28, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Friday, February 11, 2011
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
- 1 pound whole-wheat penne
- 1 1/2 cups small-curd low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can low-sodium crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan (3/4 ounces)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine the cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella and parsley in a bowl and stir with a fork to incorporate and set aside. Cook pasta until tender but still firm, a minute or 2 less than the package directs. Drain.
Heat the oil in the same pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, rosemary, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Return pasta to pot with sauce and turn off heat. Add cottage cheese mixture.
Spray a 9 by 13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray then transfer pasta mixture to pan. Top with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella and the parmesan. Bake until heated through and cheese is melted, 30 minutes.
Calories 540; Total Fat 15 g; (Sat Fat 7 g, Mono Fat 3.5 g, Poly Fat 0.5 g) ; Protein 30 g; Carb 73 g; Fiber 9 g; Cholesterol 35 mg; Sodium 860 mg