Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 1 Week 5 – Dear Diary,

Sorry Bloggy friends. I have been really lazy with my blogging lately. This is why I was never good at diaries or journaling. A few years ago I found my little 4th grade diary with the lock and key (do you remember those. super cute) and had a great time reading the entries. But much to my dismay after the first several daily entries they started to taper off to once a week then once a month until they said stuff like..."Dear Diary, I am so sorry that it has been 6months since I wrote to you , but i am so busy..." Funny how even in the fourth grade I loved to use the "so busy" excuse. If that is really true, I have been SO busy for 22 years! Sigh. My husband is right, I can be so dramatic.

So anyway, even though my blogging has been pitiful, I have doing really well with the cooking. Last week was crazy with my new little nephew being born... Let's take a moment to check him out...

Mr. Adorable! Cheeks so squishy they are just asking to be pinched!

Even with hanging out at the hospital all day waiting on Owen to arrive I managed to run home in time to cook a quick meal for the family. I guess I am more competitive than I thought. I can't stand the thought of ruining this 5 week streak. This is big for me. I have to say I am pretty proud.

I am torn because I feel like I need to condense these posts to catch up, but last week was packed with new and a delicious meals. Those meals really deserve adequate attention... Hmm. Bear with me as I try to play catch up again...

So Monday night, the first night of month 2 (wow!!!) I tried a new Real Simple recipe. I am so excited to finally be writing about this recipe! It is pretty brilliant and delicious. I would have never thought of doing this and it is so easy! So it is called Last Minute Lasagna but for my records I am going to change the name to Ravioli Lasagna. Just makes sense to me. So easy and good and got my kids to eat spinach! So without further ado here it is in all of its cheesy glory...

Ravioli Lasagna
1 (24 to 26 oz) jar marinara sauce
2 (20 oz) packages refrigerated large cheese ravioli
1 (10 oz) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 375º. Spoon a think layer of sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.

On top of the sauce, layer a third of the ravioli, half of the spinach, half of the mozzarella, and a third of the sauce; repeat. Top with the remaining third of ravioli and sauce. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.

Cover with foil and bake for 30 min. Uncover and bake until bubbling, 5 to 10 minutes.

Note: Using cheese ravioli allows you to skip the time consuming process of boiling the lasagna noodles and mixing the cheese filling. Like I said, brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment