Monday, January 24, 2011

Day 3 and 4 Week 3 - Playing Ketchup

Sorry. Very bad pun.
I am getting really behind on all of this blogging so I have to group several of these together. Like I said, week 3 was pretty busy. Not alot of time to post, but I was able to cook every night so that is what counts.

Wednesday night's meal was Pork Tenderloin and roasted sweet potatoes. I take alot of help from the grocery on this one. Not a whole lot of preparation needed. I just buy a pre-marienated Hormel pork tenderloin from Kroger and cook it according to the pkg directions. They have several flavors...we like the lemon garlic. Bonus, this is very good the next day sliced on a sandwich!!! Yum. The potatoes are kind of a "made it up myself" recipe from my mom. Thanks mom!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes
3 sweet potatoes (cut into 1 inch pieces.)
1 pkg Lipton dry onion soup mix
olive oil
Salt and pepper

Pre-heat the oven to about 400ยบ. Cut up the sweet potatoes and place in a large/medium size microwavable dish. Poor about 1 tbsp olive oil over top and toss the potatoes in the olive oil.
Add the onion soup mix and toss again.

Microwave on high for about 3 to 5 minutes. Just until they are a little soft. (not completely cooked or mushy).

Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and poor potatoes out on the cookies sheet. Drizzle a little more Olive oil on top and sprinkle with Salt and pepper.

Cook for about 10 min or until the edges of the potatoes get brown and crispy. Like this....



Thursday night was the day of the snow and ice. It was cold and dreary. The perfect day for the wonderful Taco Soup. I have been trying to hold out as long as possible to cook this soup because it is so good and we have it so much. I knew I would be sad once it was out of the running until the challenge is over. But it is easy and delicious. Perfect for a busy and dreary day.

I believe this recipe came from my co-worker Ricky. He would bring it to work for lunch and it looked so yummy. I talked him into giving me the recipe. Thanks R to the D! Your Taco Soup is awesomely delicious and kid friendly!

Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef ( or ground turkey)
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 can dark red kidney beans
1 can rotel (mild if you are serving to the kiddos)
1 can white shoepeg corn
1 pkg McCormick Taco Seasoning (mild)

Brown meat in skillet (w/chopped onion and garlic if you want more flavor)
Drain grease (or skip this step if you are using turkey.)
Mix with other ingredients in a large pot. Cover and Cook on Medium heat for 45 min.

Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and chips! Mmmm.





No comments:

Post a Comment