Friday, July 8, 2016

We vacationed so hard I forgot what normal life was like



So today is day 2 of vacation detox. And it is not going all that well. I have ruined my children's lives no less than 6 times since 8am and I keep expecting the cops to show up at my door after receiving a call from a concerned neighbor about a domestic disturbance in our home. This is what happens to us after we have spent 10 glorious days in a beautiful picturesque beach side wonderland. We lose our minds and forget how to survive in the real world.

So in an effort to cope, I have spent the bulk of the day going through pictures of our trip, pretending I am still there. If I close my eyes I can almost smell the ocean air and hear the waves.... almost.

Here are some of the highlights of our time in Rosemary Beach.

We took bikes for the first time and it was wonderful! We rode everywhere. To the beach, to the pools, to dinner and shopping. I haven't done much bike riding since I was 10 and crashed my bike on Lafayette Street, (I wasn't necessarily hurt physically, but definitely scarred emotionally) so I opted to pull Louisa in the trailer. The baby bike trailer acts a lot like training wheels for grown ups and has the added bonus of being an extreme workout.
We looked like the Clampets driving into town
The princess in her carriage, as she called it.


Having the bikes also meant we were able to participate in the 4th of July Parade and Bike decorating contest. This was an impressive event. I had no idea what a big deal it was. The materials provided for the decorating were amazing enough, but then they throw in a sweet carnival at the end of the parade route that rivals something at Disneyworld. Well done, Rosemary.
 

 

Eat your heart out ladies.
Award of Merit. Very Prestigious
4th of July Carnival
Nothing says 4th of July like a scorpion tattoo


But before all of the 4th fun we had tons of beach and pool fun. It really is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The older two were way into surfing the waves. Little Lou was a little stand offish. This is her preferred surfing method.

 





We ate tons of delicious food, which is, in my opinion, part of what makes vacation so great. I didn't feel the need to take pictures of my meals.... except for this one. I had this exact meal twice. That's how delicious it was. And thanks to the happy hour half priced tacos at Cowgirl Kitchen, they were affordable as well.

Carolina pulled pork and BBQ chicken (and bacon) tacos.
Oh. My.

There was so much more to this awesome trip, but really it's probably only interesting to me. We were lucky enough to meet up with several old friends and meet a few new ones. 

I am so thankful that we were able to take this trip. I spent much of the time trying to soak it in so that I wouldn't take a second for granted. I'll leave you with a few more of my favorite pictures. 



This was 5 seconds after I said "please try not to get too sandy"







FACEBOOK FROM THE PAST
July 2013
How can I get one of those privacy partitions that are in limos installed in my Pilot? Seriously...

No comments:

Post a Comment