Thursday, April 14, 2016

Kelly Osbourne and Homemade Mac and Cheese

I was reading a facebook post today and the person was talking about meeting Kelly Osbourne and she noted "who is the funniest, most wonderfully warm woman." That struck me for several reasons. First, because the writer felt the need to point that out as if to say...."I know what you guys are thinking, but let me set you straight." I even thought at first, well isn't that nice to know that she is warm (because obviously she is funny). That's unexpected.

But then I started thinking. Why shouldn't she be warm? She was at a nice party with nice food? You don't always hear people making a point to stop and describe "regular" women in that way. I don't know. I guess it is a surprise to hear that when you run into a celebrity they aren't shouting at their assistants to bring them exactly 4 slightly green bananas and a bottle of their special kind of sparkling water. It's nice to know that they are normal, sweet women. So sweet that someone would notice and write about it.

Warm. That is such a great description. Warm is comfortable. Warm is a fire and fuzzy slippers. Warm produces a smile. Warm is friendly and passionate and cares about what you care about. Warm reminds me of mac and cheese. And there is nothing bad about the way mac and cheese makes you feel. Warm is a hug from mom.

So that got me thinking further. Wow. Wouldn't it be nice if that is what people said after they met me? I wouldn't expect someone to mention it on social media or even tell me, but I would hope that I could be warm and kind and loving and compassionate to people everyday in my daily routine. You see, I am not naturally those things. Im kind of loud and sarcastic and distracted on a daily basis so if someone saw those things in me, they would be seeing Jesus through me. And THAT is a goal to strive for. That when I'm being "funny" or loud and basically saying "look at me!" it would not overshadow what is good and kind that says "look at Him!"


No comments:

Post a Comment